A health science degree covers a wide variety of careers in the medical field. The best part of this degree is you can take it and use it in a way that speaks to you. Do you want to work directly with patients? This degree can prepare you for that. Do you want to be a medical office manager? This degree covers that, too. There are many exciting opportunities for those with a degree in health science and those opportunities will continue to grow as the demand for medical professionals increases.
Healthcare Occupations Industry Outlook
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of healthcare occupations is projected to grow 18 percent from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations, and equals about 2.4 million jobs. Healthcare occupations are expected to add more jobs than any other occupational group due to the aging population.
Potential Work Opportunities
Those with a degree in health science are prepared to perform the following jobs upon graduation:
- Record patient history and personal information
- Measure vital signs, such as blood pressure
- Help physicians with patient examinations
- Give patients injections or medications as directed by physicians and as permitted by state law
- Schedule patient appointments
- Prepare blood samples for laboratory tests
- Enter patient information into medical records
The Health Science degree program offered at Eastwick College will give you the tools you need to be prepared for your future career. Although we cannot guarantee employment upon graduation, joining the healthcare industry during this time may give you a successful career.